Mountblood. It’s one of those names that catches your eye, and rightfully so. The mysterious alias of Texas born producer Steven Molina, Mountblood is the latest of a handful of talented young producers pushing the boundaries of 21st century technology, experimenting with and blending elements of dubstep, electro, and house. The result? A daring, fresh mash-up of hectic, rebellious street beats that are truly in a genre of their own.
A relative youngster on the scene, Mountblood has already made a name for himself amongst an A-list roster of colleagues, playing alongside Das Racist, Bloc Party, Dillon Francis, Skrillex, 12th Planet, Neon Indian, & Bart B more, to name a few. In 2011, he had the honor of gracing the stage during the Dallas installment of the US’s premiere EDM festival, Electric Daisy Carnival.
We just love Earmilk due to their Impeccable taste. This is what they had to say about our boys ‘Loops’…
Two Brisbane boys rise to this week’s occasion, cueing up a set of brutal tracks sure to tout some red lining. Arming the decks, The Loops Of Fury are a duo based out of London noted from their sweat drenched remixes that support the likes of Sound Of Stereo, Steve Aoki, and Moby. Amongst other successes such as basking in the Beatport Top 3 with their single debute “Flick the Switch”, the two have been honoured by their household heros Armand Van Helden, Erol Alkan, The Bloody Beetroots, and even graced with an edit of their track “I Need” by none other than 2ManyDJs. But dubbed by the Dewaeles is just the start, The Loops Of Fury are gearing up for future projects of a bigger scale. Exploring divergent avenues of sounds while drumming up the right package for the peak time dance floor. Their diversity branching out of their gritty electro decor can be heard in a remix featuring TWR72‘s percussive heavy minimalism and other selections like the sinister techno rerub of the 2010 summer hit “Lemonade” by Paris’ 4am menace Gessafelstein. Germany’s Lektroluv makes it’s presence well known with the boys dishing out the thrashing label’s latest work from Mumbai Science and Modek while Ed Banger Records provides the tape with timeless licks from Justice remixed by Brodinski and an overlooked original by (rest in peace) Carte Blanche. A mix not to be taken lightly and definitely on the hard edge of this series. The transitions feel seamless and continue to break expectations as each drop ousts itself in energy and jive. Diving deep into acid waters the tape swims out with a head smashing original by Tommy Trash and closing with one of their own, a cheeky but effective mashup between the Chemical Brothers, Boys Noize, and Bart B More.
click here to listen to the mix and read the interview
“Electric Avenue 007 with special guest Patch Park is now online on ITunes and through our Podcast page, plus tune in to find out how to win 1 of 2 copies of the new Dave Clarke Fabric 60 comp we have to giveaway…. http://psycatron.podomatic.com/
On this weeks Electric Avenue Psycatron deliver their much requested mix from the archives, Bedrock Belfast night back in February where they warmed up for John Digweed. In part two the Baron himself Dave Clarke presents a live recording from a recent festival to coincide with the launch of his Fabric 60 compilation. Dave and his partner Mr Jones have also remixed Psycatron’s upcoming collab with Detroit Grand Pubahs so keep an eye out for that very soon. More info and links available from www.psycatron.com download the podcast NOW!
This week’s Electric Avenue is out with an exclusive mix from Vince Watson alongsige previews of psycatron’s upcoming single on Hotflush Recordings with Paul Woolford and their remix of Spooky due on microCastle – It’s on iTunes now or click on the link….HERE
Click here to listen download or tune into Pulse, iTUNES or Proton radio.
This weeks electric avenue features an exclusive mix from Funk D’Void.
Speedy J tells us..”I recorded 2 hours of music from my collection that i hadn’t heard for a while and that i wanted to hear again. Over the years my library has grown to such proportions that i can treat it as an archeological site. this podcast represents an excursion through the site, crossing genres and time. there was no concept, just random digging and stumbling upon surprises and personal memories. ps the track list is crowd-sourced, feel free to ID!”
Electric Avenue is the new radio show from Planet E Recordings’ Psycatron who have appeared on many of the world’s premier league labels including Cocoon, R&S, Tresor, Bedrock and Tronic. Every fortnight expect to hear a mixture of studio mixes and live recordings from their global tours alongside some very special guest DJs from right across the electronic music spectrum.
Simian Mobile Disco did the first BBC Radio 1 Essential Mix of 2010, it’s a varied mix that contains minimal techno, dubstep and electro + some Simian Mobile Disco tracks.
01. Kraftwerk — Franz Schubert
02. Subway — Xam
03. Kikumoto Allstars — Dco
04. Levon Vincent — Late Night Jam
05. Simian Mobile Disco — Cruel Intentions (feat. Beth Ditto) (Space Cave Mix) (more…)
1. SomethingALaMode – Show Me (The Loops Of Fury mix)
2. ZZT – Afrika
3. The Loops Of Fury – We Unfold (Plump DJs mix)
4. Lars Moston & Ben Mono – People (Tony Senghore mix)
5. Supabeatz – Pancho
6. Punks Jump Up – Blockhead (Hey Today! edit)
7. The Loops Of Fury – I Need
8. Crookers – Bust Em Up
9. Chilly Gonzales – I Am Europe (Djedjotronic mix)
10. Mixhell – Antigalactic (Mumbai Science mix)
11. Melente & Aziddo Da Bass – Hunting (Supabeatz mix)
12. Green Velvet – Harmogeddon (Felix Cartal mix)
13. Afrojack & Bobby Burns – Bridge
14. Boys Noize – Yeah
15. Jan Driver – Rat Alert
16. Sandy Huner – Rare Tap (2000 and one cut)
A selection of music from recent releases along with a few unreleased exclusives in there.
Max Cooper Live – Modus
1. Max Cooper – Untitled 1
2. Max Cooper – Enveloped [Traum]
3. Peaches – I Feel Cream – Max Cooper Remix [TBC]
4. Max Cooper – Ripple [Traum]
5. Max Cooper – Chaotisch Serie – Maetrik Remix [Traum]
6. Max Cooper – Untitled 2
7. Xircus (Jeet & Max Cooper) – Dehydration
8. Max Cooper – Stochastisch Serie – Leeks Remix [Traum]
9. Yan Stricker – Smooth A Surface – Max Cooper Remix [Organism]
10. Portishead – Roads – Max Cooper Remix [Not for release]
11. Max Cooper – Enveloped – Ryan Davis Remix [Traum]
12. Maxime Miville – Don’t Ask – Max Cooper Remix [Wide Angle]
13. Max Cooper – Ediolic Spectra [Bedrock]
14. Max Cooper – Untitled 3
15. Ryan Davis – The Wolve – Max Cooper Remix [IRM]
16. Max Cooper – The end of reason – Ambient Rework [Traum]
Episode 035 and Round 2 from Dustin Zahn
01 The MFA – We Will Destroy You (Bear Dub)
02 KINK – Antitune
03 Infadels – Circus Of The Mad (Orb Remix)
04 Nightmares on Wax – You Wish
05 The Sabres of Paradise – Wilmot
06 Global Communication – Maiden Voyage (Spiritualized Electric Mainline Mix)
07 Prins Thomas – Attiatte
08 Junior Boys – Jackie Junior (Junior Boys Dub)
09 Blackploid – Interstellar Space
10 ERP – Vox Automaton
11 Ed Chamberlain – Zarathustra
12 Kollektiv Turmstrasse – Kontakt
13 Telefon Tel Aviv – Mostly Translucent
14 Soma – White Robes
15 Depeche Mode – Dream On (Dave Clarke Acoustic Mix)
16 The Brian Jonestown Massacre – Anenome
17 Wani Natte
18 Aphex Twin – Xtal
19 Pekka Pohjola – Sekoilu Seestyy
20 Clark – Vengeance Drools
21 New Order – Evil Dust
22 George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic – Mothership Connection
23 Zapp & Roger – More Bounce To The Ounce
24 Con Funk Shun – Electric Lady
25 Vice Versa – Stilyagi
26 Bauhaus – Bela Lugosi’s Dead
Hypothesis: Meshing together the forces of science and music, Max Cooper uses these two components as his ongoing source for inspiration in making music.
Results: a rather impressively huge discography that outweighs all the hard work of your average boffin, as well as a uniquely emotive take on the subject of science and philosophy.
Max Cooper‘s first foray into concocting sounds began while doing a PhD in Genetics, and it was during this time that he found himself bagging the honorary title of ‘future hero’ from Mixmag and appearing on BBC Radio 1. Since then, Max’s profile has continually risen with a string of releases and remixes on Evolved Records and Cologne big guns, Traum. But it doesn’t stop at music; Max has gone on to take his interest of science further by collaborating with visual artist Whiskas fX. Along with Max’s melodic production style, the two have made a series of neat little experimental films with some rather nifty, yet haunting graphic work. It seems clear that Cooper is a very ambitious chap and, with such a broad range of musical styles, one to keep a close eye on.
Our resident Monday-shy stopouts, Wetyourself, will have Max Cooper performing live on Sunday 9th May. And, if he hasn’t already got enough on his plate, Max was even kind enough to hook you all up with a live mix, featuring a diverse palette of artists that Max has remixed for (Hot Chip, Peaches and Traum buddies Dominik Eulberg and Extrawelt), as well as many of his own productions. Expect an array of styles from the hypnotic, to the emotive, to the downright bopping. Judging by what’s on offer here, Max’s set 9th May will be a beautiful way to see out the weekend.
Download: Max Cooper – Exclusive fabric Blog Mix
(Direct DL: Right Click/Save As)
1) Blamstrain & No Xivic – Intro (Merck)
2) N’to – Ekphrasis – Max Cooper’s Porcelain Remix (Wunderbar)
3) Dominik Eulberg – Sansula – Max Cooper’s Lost in Sound Remix (Traum)
4) Max Cooper – River of Gold (Traum)
5) Max Cooper – Automnemonic (Traum)
6) Max Cooper – i – Max Cooper’s Apocalypse Mix (Traum)
7) Peaches – I Feel Cream – Max Cooper Remix (Unreleased)
Abe Duque & Blake Baxter – What Happened – Max Cooper Remix (Process)
9) Circus – Simplicit (Trapez)
10) Max Cooper – Wasp (Traum)
11) Max Cooper – Chaotisch Serie – Reset Robot Remix (Traum)
12) Max Cooper – Stochastisch Serie (Traum)
13) Max Cooper – Ediolic Spectra (Unreleased)
14) Hot Chip – I Feel Better – Max Cooper Remix (Unreleased)
15) Ricardo Tobar – Mi Pieza Llena De Cosas – Max Cooper Remix (Traum)
16) Xircus – Hyperventilation (Unreleased)
17) Max Cooper – Minertia (Traum)
18) Extrawelt – Im Garten Von Eben – Max Cooper Remix (Traum)